Saturday, July 16, 2011

Suvarna writes.............


Here is a heart touching, eye-numbing memory from my Grade 8 student Suvarna.....


"This story I am about to share with you is because my brother means a lot to me even though he does pesters me at times .......this is dedicated to my brother,Yedi. Here it goes...


O! how I awaited that day, it was the day my little baby brother would be brought home. I had awaited the moment with anxious feelings. Now that the day had come I could not or would not hold back my feelings at least that is what my parents said. So I held my breath with great effort and waited for the best memory to unfold.

Nov. 5 2004 was the day I was waiting at home with my grandparents with different feelings. In each one of our hearts, I was jumping around with indescribable feeling.


Then it happened exactly at 12 o'clock the memory had been waiting for finally started unfolding we were startled by the ringing of our phone .My grandfather had slowly answered the phone speaking into the receiver slowly, but just so loud enough for me to hear, after a few minutes he spoke a few words and kept the phone down. I remember his words just like he had told me yesterday "Priya, your baby brother has breathed his first breath into the world" .There. right at that moment I could feel my smile stretched from ear to ear .


After a while we climbed into the car to see my little baby brother. The ride in the car seemed like hours. Finally, we had reached the hospital. Practically, everyone dashed out of the car within a fraction of a second .Then everything was a blur. We climbed up the stairs, took our visiting passes and slowly we crept into the room and everyone one was gushing over my brother . I crept and pushed through to get a glimpse my mum gave me a slight grin....I took a huge breath and...........


The little mouth,nose - he looked so adorable ;I touched the small balled up fist and he slowly ever so slightly opened his eyes to get a look at his sister - me !!!!!!!

The doctor said that he can't be brought home for a couple of reason. I really wasn't happy with the doctor's decision on keeping him in the hospital.

Then the day came when he was brought to our house now his too.There were tears of happiness and grins............and to this day there are times when I say "Oh brother!!!"

by Suvarna

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful - putting into words of one of the most incredible feelings that one can ever have - looking at a new born child ... a very sweet and lovely description of emotions!
    Well written!

    ReplyDelete