Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Festival of COLOURS

When I was asked to write a blog, I had no idea as to how to start it and from where... went through a couple of blogs and thought of many topics. But it was a pleasant surprise to note that tomorrow is the  festival of COLOURS and there is lots that I wanted to share.......

The colorful festival of Holi is celebrated on Phalgun Purnima . Holi festival has an ancient origin and celebrates the triumph of 'good' over 'bad'. The colorful festival bridges the social gap and renew sweet relationships. On this day, people wish each other 'Happy Holi'.At Sancta Maria, we celebrated holi today.. The kids were geared up since morning, waiting eagerly to splash colours and to play HOLI.. They played till their hearts content and the teachers equally enjoyed..... Wow!!!!!! it was such a fun to see everyone drenched in coloured water from top to bottom, thoroughly enjoying this wonderful day.... The grade 1 kids were so excited since morning, that they were hardly interested in any other activity till they went to the play ground with their friends......  My heart filled with joy and happiness to see the kids and staff having so much of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the Grade 1 kids asked me when we went back to our class-" Maam, when would be the next holi?" when I replied , after 365days, the obvious answer from them was-Ohhhh, after sooooooooooo many days!!! Like them, even I wish that this wonderful festival of COLOURS come very often, may be once in a month.......... I wish 

No comments:

Post a Comment