Monday, April 9, 2012

Innovative learning at Science laboratory

 Today students of grade 9 had their Chemistry practical test for one hour fifteen minutes. They have performed well. During that time i observed, remembered and questioned myself "why practicals make everyone interested?". I had many answers in my mind.

Practicals make everyone interested because there is a visual happening and strong grasping power of the concept. Everthing is hands on experience.

From the students observation, I understood that they were more responsible in their lab performance, increased level of confidence and wise use of time.

Until my grade 8th, i thought Chemistry was just mixing up chemicals and learning the formulae. I only realised the sweetness of Chemistry in my undergraduation. When someone asks me "What is Chemistry?", I reply as "It is the world around you."

Finally, I got a chance to share my view that Chemistry is interesting and definitely not a boring science!

No comments:

Post a Comment