Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Exciting times ahead!

The brand new academic year is just around the corner. Five more days to go and our school will be bustling with life - we will greet our students after the summer break. I just can't wait to see them all. It feels nothing short of a family reunion.

Our little ones, nursery and PP1, have started their year a week early. What a brilliant idea! With few cries here and there most of them have settled by day three and every child that settles feels like a sweet victory. As i listen to the distant happy sounds from our playground where they are enjoying them self under the safety of our tamarind tree i am imagining soon i will receive my own kids. What is it that i want to achieve this year? Where do i want to take them? What do they want to achieve this year? What do their parents expect?

As i am making different posters as guidelines, motivational charts, decorating the classroom as beautiful as i possibly can i can't help but feel a big responsibility and commitment towards my kids. Not at all as a burden but rather a creative challenge that will help me grow and learn as we go. My class, my kids. I am so aware that there is so much a teacher can do to help these kids become responsible, passionate, happy, successful adults. They look up to us. They listen. They follow. It's just so exciting to be a teacher!

Bring it on kiddos! I am ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment