Sunday, August 22, 2010

Be healthy, Be Peaceful

Today I ran/jogged for 5 km as part of the run against ragging organised by St. Mary’s College. Early in the morning we got up at 4:30 and took a local train to Necklace Road, the venue of the event. A good number of people, mostly college students participated and the run got flagged off at about 7: 15 a.m.
I completed the run in around 45 minutes and the body felt very light at the end of it. I did little stretching after the run to get rid of the stiffness, especially in the legs. I slept for a while after coming back home and am feeling very good.
It was possible for me to run this long as I have been regular to a gym for the last month and a half. Thanks to Mrs. Shetty and Ce’line for being the inspiration and thanks to my trainers at the gym.
I think it is very important to keep one fit and healthy to be happy. Take out couple of hours every day to exercise. It is important to join a gym or a sports club as this helps us to be regular. We tend to be casual when we exercise at home.
If you are physically fit and healthy you can work for longer hours happily which in turn produces your best work. Here I am sharing this with you because I am happy and so happy that I cannot contain it. Live a healthy and a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment