Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Simple remedy to treat burns

Thanks to my son, I have home remedies stored in my brain for ready reckoner for common problems. The current post is to share my experience with burns when my son was 1.5 years old.

He burnt his finger when his curiosity took over him and he touched a burning incense stick(agarbatti). It had been over a year to this incident but he never dared touching it again!!! Some lessons are learnt by literally burning fingers!!!

Immediately I remembered my mother's advice of handling burns and within 30 minutes, he forgot he had burnt his finger and it did not even leave any mark.

I followed these steps which proved helpful:

a) Immediately, allow the burnt area under plain running water for a minute or so. Avoid ice water as it may cause blisters.
b) Pat it dry and rub the area with cut potato.
c) If no potato, apply honey on the affected area.
d) After a while, apply calendula cream(you can get it from any homoeo store). Within minutes, it will alleviate the pain.
e) If calendula cream not available or not sure of the efficacy of it, then simply apply boroplus or borolene or apply some more honey.
f) Once the child is soothed a little, give him or her some warm milk with turmeric powder mixed in it. This really helps a lot to alleviate the pain.

In case a small blister forms, do not break it. The fluid inside will actually help heal the wound faster. Open blister will take more time to heal as well as cause more pain.

These were a few things in my knowledge, of course, there would be many more. Readers please share some more home-remedies for the benefit of all.

With best wishes to the parents and prayer of safety for all, I sign off!

No comments:

Post a Comment