Monday, May 24, 2010

Profile: Mrs. Kawaljeet Babra

Hi, I am Kawaljeet Babra and have joined Sancta Maria as a Computer Teacher. I have taught in a degree college. My previous job as a teacher was something I took up to learn more about computers; as it is rightly said that 'the best way to learn is to teach someone’. Little did I realize that what I did had a big impact on the students of my class.

I'd say that the children are definitely the most precious element in teaching. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing you have had a positive impact in the life of a child. When a child asks you a question that tells you he is listening and wants to know more, or doesn't quite understand so could I please repeat what I said...when she gives you a smile that says I find something to imbibe from you...when their faces light up with that ‘Ah Ha!’ glow that tells you have turned on the light for them.….nothing could match those moments.

Challenging? It can be these very children, when they're not listening, when they don't like you (because even the ones that love you don't always like you!), when you see that blank look that says “Are you speaking the same language as me”? Oh well! A good teacher will struggle to find a way to use the current method, current trend, and current politically correct philosophy and blend it with the traditional to benefit the child.

The thing that I liked about Sancta Maria is their attitude towards children ‘I love you and I care for u'........the child comes first and is prioritized over EVERYTHING.

I know that it was my destiny to be the part of a revolutionary education system in India. I am privileged to be a part of the Sancta Maria International School. In Sancta Maria, where the only gateway to a good life is through good education, I would, along with the institution, serve for the well-being of the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment