Saturday, May 15, 2010

Traditional or Western....

An interesting debate line:
Do we let go completely the good values of the way we were educated?
Be blind to new developments?

hmm... why not best of both - Traditional and Western approach ?

The current efforts put by everyone, is a step towards this direction which I am confident will define the next generation of education in India. I am fascinated by how we are planning to get children understand (and not "by-heart"... the term I heard a lot when I was learning) the world around them. And, with the rapidly changing world, change becomes imperative to our Education System also.

Then, how was the traditional methodology better? I think it depends upon the philosophy of education, teacher-student relationship and the practice driven approach towards perfection.

In short, our children truly become "World Citizen".

There have been some great discussions amongst the Sancta-Marians with respect to the same and I am looking forward to a path breaking year ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure its a blend of all the best methodologies that we at Sancta Maria are striving for. I personally feel an institution works to its best when the members are focussed towards a single vision but with a varied approach. After all variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete