Monday, May 24, 2010

Profile: Mrs. Ruchi Arora

Hello! I am Ruchi. I am an inquiring person by nature and hence have entered into the field of education. Now you may ask why education? Education is the only field where you find inquisitive people i.e. children! I discovered this when I started my career as a teacher seven years back.

My Experience: I am an English Mentor faculty in Sancta Maria International School at present. Over the period of my journey as a facilitator I have taught in Kerala, Madhya Pradesh( Bhopal), Punjab and now am settled in Hyderabad.

My Belief: I believe that English should be taught not as a subject but as a means of expression. The children learn language when they are given a well-planned and a methodical exposure to it in the classrooms and inculcated in them a fondness for reading. Once this goal is achieved children are smart enough to explore the world around them. The aim is also to make them independent ‘seekers who can lead’.

My Passion and Pursuits: My passion obviously is being with kids and figuring out the world with them. Apart from that I also love to read books, watch movies and reflect in solitude. One of the best books I have read during my schooldays was ‘The Good Earth’ by Pearl.S.Buck,which left a lasting impression in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment