Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LOSE TO WIN !

I broke one of my conditioning today and it was all spontaneous. My friend Paramjit met with an accident early in the morning. He called me up. When I reached there he was in a state of shock. A youth who banged into my friend’s vehicle was agitated and shouting at him.

He kept blaming Paramjit and demanded compensation for the damage done to his vehicle. My usual response would have been to get into the argument and to find who was actually at fault.

Instead… I decided not to get into an argument and win the peace of mind for both of us. I gave into his demand and we both happily said goodbye. I had a good day at work thereafter.

4 comments:

  1. Paramjit is fine. He was actually quite in a state of shock. He is fine now, though his scooter is very badly damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking old patterns is a sign of greater awareness.

    ReplyDelete